Monday, December 17, 2007

Update: Quiet

Just an update to let you know that I am still here, but virtually no progress made in last couple of months - mostly for business (new position, weeks abroad in other offices) and personal (birth of new child, house renovations planning, etc). In the interim I've noticed that SparkFun are no longer listing V1.0 of the GPS Logger, which is a bit of a pity since the Lassen iQ has lower power consumption than the EM-406, but the latter board design (V2.4) is more superior (as, in fact, are various other aspects of the EM-406). I hope to have some time over the holiday break to do some work and provide updates. If you are reading this and have suggestions for any priority items, please leave comments. Otherwise, Happy Holidays!

5 comments:

dmnamibia said...

MG I use DMNamibia on sparkfun. Yes it is a problem with Lassen IQ V1 as I was just starting getting the results I wanted. I have not tried V2.4 as I used http://www.ohararp.com/products.htm product.
Wish list:
1 To record waypoint by pushing a switch on V1 - Via serial port?
2 Display say rmc via serial display card. Would require permanent car electric feed?

dmnamibia said...

Peter Dokter mentioned that they are revising versions of IQ data logger

Nukwaste said...

My biggest headache is the support of the SD card. I continue to have problems with the initial format of the SD card. I would love to have it attempt a a read and a write at initialization and if it fails then to format the card and write the config file.

dmnamibia said...

MG
I have a problem in setting the Lassen IQ to GPS84 datum. Do you have a setting of the lassen IQ config file.
Regards

Nukwaste said...

Wish you would update this!