Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Release: GPS Logger MG - Release 0.94b

I've produced an interim release, this has a couple of I/O performance improvements, and allows both 'file' and 'pass' modes to be active concurrently (so you can use real-time GPS through the serial port, while also logging to flash). In addition, I've also now included a CHANGES file, taken directly from the project's svn commit log. This gives you very fine detail about what's happened between releases. Get it from the links to the side.

5 comments:

Sérgio said...

Downloads links are dead.

mg said...

I just checked and they are working for me. Can you check from another location or provide me with more detail about the problem you're seeing.

Donkeypuss said...

This firmware is fantastic. I needed the serial port passthrough so that I could connect to the GPS while it was logging. I connected the GPS 2.4 kit to the RS232 programming "board" from Sparkfun and spliced off that to a MAX232 circuit to get TTL out. So I can connect it to my Nikon D200 (TTL) and the computer (to see myself on a map if I get lost), all while it logs to the card!

Now the challenge is to do something interesting with the data, as I've had problems with Google Earth when the tracks get long....

Anonymous said...

Question about the GPS firmware, will it work with the Sparkfun Logomatic board?

greznica said...

Great firmware.

Could you extend format_csv_content option with two more variables?

"spd" (Speed Over Ground) and maybe
"nsv" (Satellites Used)